Thursday, December 17, 2009

BUCKEYES




Ok gals, I promised the buckeyes too and I think Tracie said she was keeping the exchange going through today, stop by her blog and see if there is anything new!

Buckeyes

1-1/3 stick margarine melted

12 ounce jar chunky peanut butter

1 box powder sugar

12 oz chocolate chips

¼ bar paraffin wax, (available in the canning section at the grocery store)



Combine the melted margarine, peanut butter and powder sugar stir until smooth. Roll in to a big ball cover and chill in refrigerator over night. Roll the dough into little balls about a tablespoon or smaller if you like. Keep them cool in the fridge.

Melt 12 oz. Of chocolate chips with the ¼ bar of paraffin wax until smooth and mixed together (I use my electric fondue pot to melt the wax & chips) Dip the dough in the chocolate with a toothpick or skewer leaving a portion of the dough showing (looks like a buckeye). Put on a cookie sheet to cool until the chocolate is set.

Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, will keep for several weeks.

** The wax may sound kind of weird, but it makes the chocolate hard but does affect the taste of the candy and yes it is safe to eat!

4 comments:

  1. These are definitely on the list to make. I've always wanted to try making them. I had no idea about the paraffin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paraffin seems weird I know. But like I said, the recipe is ancient and there were not any candy melts around then. I only use the wax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose instead of paraffin, you could use shortening too. Idk, that is just the recipe I have 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making these this weekend with my little guy...can't wait ! Yummy !!

    ReplyDelete