Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas reflections

Christmas eve went off pretty well for my family. It was organized chaos but that is how we roll so no big deal. My nieces and nephews had great fun and were so excited with all they received. My nephew in the air force arrived earlier than anticipated(earlier by 5 hours!) which was the greatest joy and gift for me. He was able to open his presents, eat a warm meal and visit with everyone before anyone had to leave for other commitments.

Christmas day was just me and the hubs. A low key day to concentrate on each other and the reason for the season, Jesus. We had a nice day and it was back to work for him the day after Christmas. Ah sales, the hours and days suck, but oh well.

My biggest reflection is how lucky we(my family)are to be able to see each other nearly every year. All the brothers in town this year and nearly all the kids, it was great. With two in the military, and one headed to college next year, I will not take for granted any time with them. I am thankful for all my family and realize I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you were able to celebrate with your nephew. My brother was in the Marines, and missed out on 3 Christmas', I think it makes it so much harder on them if they are away from family for the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a really great time and I'm so glad your nephew was able to be a part of it all. Hope you like your new apron. I was so jealous :P

    ReplyDelete