Monday, November 15, 2010

High Tea



My friend sponsored a table for a high tea to raise money for the local pregnancy care center. She has done this for years and every year, her tables are the best. This year she went with a pink and blue theme. After all, it is all about babies and her daughter is expecting her first.
So, she and I went to a place here in town called color me mine. We spent 6 hours (yes 6 hours) last Saturday painting the dishes, cups and tea pots. Here a few photos. The round dishes were pink polka dot, the square plates blue polka dot. The last photo is of our finished table. It was fun and funky. A bunch of the tables were decked out for Christmas and way too fancy for my taste. I think if they gave a prize for the best table, it would have been ours. :)
It was a great cause and neat to hear how the pregnancy care center helps women from all walks of life and age.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Suz. How totally fun! The table is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plates are adorable...great job! I went to a tea fundraiser such as this for a local non-profit. It was a lot of fun, I hope you all enjoyed yourselves:)

    ReplyDelete